“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year....Stronger Faith

Happy New Year!! I have had all good intentions of writing a new post but have already become lazy in the blog world I guess. So that means now is a perfect time to make a New Year's resolution...

"In 2011, I will be more consistent in my blog posts (school and studying permitting)". Always have to throw in the school excuse. :)

I actually had a great idea for a post the other morning but by the time I got around to sit down to write, I couldn't make anything work. So that post is tucked away in the "saved" files and maybe it will resurface and be published soon.

Wes and I had an uneventful but great New Year's Eve. The night went something like this: grocery shopping for New Year's dinner, dinner at the newest sushi place in NW OKC, one hour nap until 9:30 PM (we wouldn't have made it to see midnight if this hadn't have happened), watched TV until the ball dropped in Times Square, then toasted in the New Year with a glass of wine and a kiss. Pretty exciting for our first New Year's Eve as a married couple huh?

Although we didn't spend the night getting all dressed up and going out on the town, we were just where we wanted to be and that was with each other. It's funny how things change once you're married. (Although this isn't true for everyone) The things that were once so exciting are now not near as intriguing as spending the night in the comfort of your home, relaxing on the couch and enjoying being together. In the craziness of Wes's job and my school, relaxation together is hard to come by. So I try to soak in those special moments as much as I can.

Speaking of school...I start back to nursing school in two weeks. Yuck! I can't even begin to explain how wonderful it has been not having a ton of school and studying to worry about. Thanks to our break, I was able to get this blog started which is something I have wanted to do for a while but didn't have a whole lot of time to do so. As much as I am not ready to go back to class, I am excited that I am only 7 months away from graduation and 8 months from being a licensed RN! Wow! That is so crazy to think about. I never even intended on going back to school after my undergrad and now I have just about conquered nursing school in a short 14 months. I know I am doing what God has called me to do and that is such a peaceful feeling. I look forward to beginning a new career that will hopefully open up many doors of opportunity for Wes and I's future.

2010 will always be a great year for Wes and I. Wes landed a great job at the Post Office that has allowed him to support us financially while I am finishing school, I started nursing school, and more importantly, we were married November 13, 2010. God has been so good and so faithful to both of us throughout 2010. Although there were many challenging times for Wes and I, we have been able to stand strong in our faith in God and know He will continue to provide for us as long as we put our trust in Him.

Below this post you will find a YouTube video titled "My Help Comes From the Lord" by The Museum. The first time I heard this song on the radio, I was immediately touched by the words and began to worship God. The song talks about the promise we have as believers that we do not have to battle life alone. We have someone bigger than ourselves who can help us and lift us up when we need it the most. Even in the toughest times, we can have peace and be thankful for God's provision and blessing over our lives. Life is never free from struggle. But what a peace there is knowing we have a gracious God to go to for help.

I hope this song is a blessing and encouragement to you as much as it to me every time I hear it. God is good! And we are all blessed by the best! I am so anxious to see how God will continue to bless us in this upcoming year. From our family to yours...Happy New Year!!





1 comment:

  1. Sigh...such a great feeling to figure out how wonderful it is to just be with the person that you love. I still look back and think, "How in the world did I manage to do what I did back in the day and actually think it was the best thing in the world?". Don't roll your eyes when I say this...My lil' sister is all grown up and stuff! Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete