“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our First Christmas

What a great Christmas 2010 has been! We are so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful families to spend this holiday with. This Christmas marks Wes and I's first Christmas together and it was a great start to what will be many more Christmas celebrations to come. We didn't even mind the "joint" married gifts!

I am going to try to keep the pictures at a minimum because I probably have over 100 pictures between the DeWitte Christmas and Jackson Christmas. So I will try to hit the high points as best as I can. :)

Wes got word from the Post Office that he was going to have to work Christmas morning delivering packages. So in order to work around his schedule, we had the DeWitte Christmas the night of Christmas Eve. We also got to have a big breakfast Christmas morning at the DeWitte's once Wes had gotten off work. Yum!! Then it was time to hit the road for the Jackson Christmas. Luckily, since Christmas fell on a Saturday this year, we were able to stay the night in Lawton, which was nice to have a little extra time spent with my family.

Wes and I are still having a hard time figuring out how to be with both families over the holidays but I think it worked out great this year. We hope to buy a new home soon that will be big enough to have both families to our house for the holidays. But until then, we will make things work the best we can.

Any newlyweds out there run into this situation with their families who don't live in the same city? I would love to hear how other newlyweds spend the holidays with both families. Ideas and comments welcome!!

Here are some of the DeWitte Christmas highlights!



DeWitte Christmas Tree!



Tacky Christmas sweater party? Terry and Dave thought so!



Wes and I enjoying some dinner by the fire



Yes, this is the reason I have SO many pictures this Christmas. Can't start a new blog without a new camera too right? Wes' Christmas gift to me. Thanks honey!



It was a game year for the DeWitte men in the family. But these headphones are a blessing to me; I don't have to listen to the games anymore! Yay!! Oh and of course Wes liked them too! :)Good gift Mom and Dad!



Wes and I have converted his dad to an OSU fan. No better fan to be though right?



Love these Good Grips containers. Bobbye needed some too!



Can't leave the dog out of Christmas. Barkley got a new frisbee and loved it!



Finally, a Chi straightener! Thanks brother-in-law!



A visit to his parents would never be the same without the boys doing what they love; music!



He's single ladies! :) And an awesome guitar player!



And this twin is officially off the market. :) I love having a musician for a husband; wouldn't have it any other way.



Wes and Dave (yes, they are twins!)



The DeWitte Family



The Newlyweds!


And now the Jackson Christmas....


All the OSU fans got a homemade OSU ornament. Go Pokes!



Everyone needs a gumdrop tree!



And at the Jackson's, it was a picture Christmas. These are "mini" books; collaged with pictures from the wedding. Everyone loved them!



Mae Ma and Pa Pa



My wonderful parents!



My Mom and I



The Jackson Family



In front of my parent's Christmas tree



Jackson Christmas Tree



It pays to have a father-in-law who owns a music store. Wes is stocked up on drum sticks for a while. :)



Wes and I showing off our new hoodies and our coffee!Refill please! Ha



Paula Dean cookware for my mom. Good stuff!!



Dad and I. Can you tell we are related? I love you Dad!



"Our First Christmas" ornament from my parents and sister. Gorgeous!



"Our First Christmas"


Needless to say, we had such a great Christmas and are so blessed. I promise not every post will have THIS many pictures, but I had to be sure and blog this special year for us. A memorable year it has been!




1 comment:

  1. Love the blog. :) And, yes, I have experienced how rough the holidays are as a newlywed. It's tough because both of you have your own traditions. It's not easy to come to an agreement and also make your families happy in the process. I never felt like I mastered it with my side of the family but you do what you gotta do because it's about YOUR new family which is your top priority. Make each other happy...that's all you need to worry about right now.

    ReplyDelete