“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Starting from the beginning....

Hello blog world! I'm new to this so those of you who are "pros" will have to bear with me. But by all means, give me advice along the way.

As you can tell, this blog is devoted to me and my wonderful husband, Wes. We were recently married in November and what better way to begin our lives than to capture it on through blogging. I will do my best to keep this up to date with what is currently going on in our lives. I haven't been too big on picture taking since Wes and I started dating, so I am going to make up for lost time and try to be better at capturing moments on film for all to see.

For my first post, I figured that there is no better way to start than by telling the story of how Wes and I met and became the crazy in love, married couple we are today. Here is our beginning....

I began working for a doctor at Mercy who specialized in asthma and allergies. I was a Medical Assistant working in the clinic area of her practice. She also had a research department where she participated in various asthma/allergy studies on a daily basis, in hopes of revolutionizing the world of asthma and allergy treatment. (Or something like that)

 It was early April 2009 and I had just recently gotten out of a relationship and was eager to meet new people. The research crew was eager as well and decided to try and set me up with a guy that was doing an asthma study at that time. Now I'm sure most of you probably think you know where this is headed, right? That the guy was Wes, the rest is history and we lived happily ever after. Well...we did live happily ever after but the guy was not Wes.

I am a graduate of Oklahoma State University and this guy they wanted to set me up with was also an OSU Alumni, very cute, and single. So they thought it was a perfect match. But after only a few times in talking with this guy, I realized he was definately not the guy for me. A few days later, I was sitting at my desk talking to the other nurses about how I don't think this guy is going to work out and, yup, you guessed it right this time, in walks Wes. He was also participating in the same study and casually walks past me in the hallway. I leaned over to the other nurses and said, "But what about THAT guy??". Now the rest IS history. :)

I stroll down the hallway to the research area later that morning to "talk with the research coordinator" -wink wink- Low and behold, Wes happens to be in the same room she is in getting an EKG for the study. So here Wes is; bare chest with EKG leads all over him, unable to move, vulnerable as ever, as I am standing in the doorway. The research coordinator says to me, "Meredith, you just have to hear this guys sad story". I look at Wes and he goes on to tell me about how his most recent now ex-girlfriend went to watch his band play in a Battle of the Bands concert and as Wes is taking her a drink, finds her making out with another guy. Ouch!! It was a pretty heartbreaking story, I must say. Then Wes says the line that started it all, "So if you know of any good girls, you can send them my way". And of course the research coordinator looks right at me and I slowly slip out the door. The rest of the story happened pretty fast.

Before I left for work that day I gave my number to the research coordinator to give to Wes. Wes doesn't call me the first night, gets in trouble by the coordinator the next morning for not doing so, and to make up for his mistake, asks me out in person that day. We had our first date two days later on Sunday, April 12, 2009. We ate at Charleston's Restaurant and then went to watch Fast and Furious 4 in theaters. I met his family and his band the next day, we kissed on day three, Wes proposed December 23, 2009 and we were married November 13, 2010. And that is our "story" in a nutshell.



I don't have any pictures from our first date (I said I was bad about taking pictures) but here is a picture from Wes' birthday dinner at Red Rock in May 2009.
This is probably the first picture I have of us.





This next picture is from the very first concert I went to that his band, Stone Cold Sober, hosted.
It was their official CD release party and it was such a great show!
I was very proud of him and happy to say he was mine!





Sadly enough, I don't have any pictures of Wes and I the night he proposed. (I know, right?)
Here is a picture two days later, Christmas day and our first Christmas together.


And almost exactly one year later, we are happily married. Time goes by so fast and so hopefully this blog with help me to catch those special moments in time and be able to look back on many wonderful memories together.


No comments:

Post a Comment