“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Random Thoughts

My first week back was SO busy and long. Every day was completely FULL of topics and guest speakers, back to back. Yuck. We even had a "snow day" on Thursday and classes were cancelled. It really wasn't the snow that was the problem, it was the crazy layer of ice that was coating the streets at 7 AM. Ice? Umm.. no thanks!

I have always decided that school is never worth possibly losing your life just to get to class. So even before they called class off, I had already decided to stay inside where it's warm and safe. It was really nice though to have the chance to get assignments and reading done. They packed our week so full, we barely had time to breathe!

This is another day when I wish Wes wasn't working a job that requires him to be outside all day. But, he survived the bitter cold with the help of two layers of socks, two layers of gloves, toe and hand warmers, earmuffs, gator, long johns, and spikes on his shoes to keep him from slipping on the ice. I would say he was pretty prepared! (I should have gotten a picture of that one, huh?)

Not much else has been going on in the DeWitte household though. Just a full week of class for me and bitter cold week for Wes at work. It's so wonderful to have someone to come home to after a long, tiring day and just relax and unwind. Marriage is wonderful.


This is what I got to look at ALL day for three days...
I'm pretty sure we sat in the same spot for at LEAST 12 hours total.


Day two of class..Hollie, Jessica and I all had the same idea with the glasses this day so I had to take a picture. LOVE these girls!
 



I recently downloaded four new albums from Amazon. I can't even tell you how long it's been since I have downloaded music so I figured it was time.

It has taken me about a week of listening to these albums, in the background of whatever it is I'm doing, before I have found quite a few songs that are really amazing.

Wes and I both had the discussion last night that we both have to listen to an album sort of "unconsciously", like in the car driving or for me it's listening to it while I clean the house, before songs start to actually tug at your heart and make you want to listen to it over and over.

So I was cleaning yesterday and had Addison Road playing and the song "Change in the Making" really stuck out to me so I listened to it again and again yesterday. Every time I listen to it, God speaks to me through the lyrics.

It is refreshing to know that God is continually shaping our lives and the person we are in Him. We always say things like, "I wish I had more patience" or "I wish I wouldn't have made the decisions I have made". This song tells us that God knows who we are and He is always molding us, each and every day, into the person He wants us to be. It is our job to have faith. Faith that He will never give up on us no matter how torn up and beat down we feel we are. God can change that and turn it around. Like this song says, we are "under construction" with God. We are His work that is yet to be completed. Have faith that God is making a change in you.  





I honestly don't know what I would do without music. Music is my way of escaping reality and leads me to a wonderful place of worship.

And how wonderful it is so be able to share that same unexplainable joy of music with your spouse. Our love for music definitely brings us closer every single day. And for that, I am grateful to God for putting the love of music into our marriage.

I hope I can find time during the crazy weeks of nursing school to update the blog more often. It's amazing how much the details of the week become a blur by the end of the week. So when I actually get time to sit down and blog, I can't even remember what happened.

But I will do my best.

Oh, and meal planning....is officially "on hold". ha

I barely found time to go to the grocery store last week. And when I did go, all I wanted to get was milk.

It really does take time to plan and even more time to go to the grocery store without forgetting something. But it did keep us from going out to eat and spending money. We have already gone out I think three times in the past four days. Ugh....

Hopefully I will get my second wind on the meal planning. Our budget would really appreciate it for sure!

So instead of meal planning, I am going to spend my Sunday afternoon relaxing, watching a movie, and maybe catching up on some reading for school. (I don't think the words relax and reading for school are meant to go in the same sentence...) But gotta get rested up before another full week of school; clinicals start Tuesday! Maybe I will get to see a baby be born! SO exciting!
 



1 comment: