“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Monday, January 17, 2011

Back to School...Break is Over!

Oh yes, the day I have been waiting for, time to go back to school!

Wow, what an awesome break it has been!

Our first newlywed Christmas, the big debut of our wonderful blog, a new car and of course a brand new year!

And now back to reality...

But before I do, a quick post.

The new car is AWESOME! I absolutely LOVE it! We made such a great choice and continually look at each other every time we get in the car and say, "Man, we got a great deal, this is a really good car!".

We are expecting more snow again this week so this will be the RAV's official winter "test". I'm sure it will conquer the snow with ease and cause us to realize, once again, how happy we are we made the choice to buy a Toyota.

Now since I got my new toy (the car), Wes decided he needed his new toy as well. We have been going back and forth on this purchase but finally made the decision to go forth with it.

Wes's work schedule and just the general physical demand of his job has not allowed him to get out to his studio to do his recording stuff as often as he would like. Therefore, I so graciously (like the choice of words?) allowed Wes to transform our converted garage to his "studio away from home" space.

There has just been one thing missing to allow him to really utilize it like he needs to and that was a new computer. The software he used to do his recording/mixing requires a Mac and so we made the purchase of a new Mac.



Now he can do what he loves most, all from the comfort of our own home!

It is such a joy for me to see my husband happy. No better feeling.

My mom came up for a night this weekend. And as usual, we did a little shopping. :) Check out my new purse! TOO cute!!



I really love having my mom here. It's so nice to have a mom that is not only your mom but your best friend. I know no one else, besides my husband, that I am able to confide in about anything and to have so much fun no matter what we do. We always make each other laugh at only the things her and I can understand. Precious memories I will always, always cherish.

Great husband. Great family. BLESSED!

School starts up full swing tomorrow morning. Aside from getting a week off during March for Spring Break, this is it until it's all over. No other breaks until graduation July 31, 2011!

I love starting out a new semester. It's somewhat refreshing because you have a "blank slate" so-to-speak and can chose to make it a great semester, right from the start. And after one week...you forgot you even said that or maybe just can't believe you actually thought it would happen.

Life happens, things get stressful, and all of a sudden you are behind on studying once again and are doing what you can just to hold your head above water. Ahh..the joys of nursing school.

But I'm staying optimistic!

It has been a great experience thus far though and I really am enjoying it. This semester I will get to see what OB & Delivery and Critical Care (Ped's) is all about. Hoping I find my "niche" soon so I will have a better idea as to what I want to do once I am licensed.

So please pray for me now for a good semester. I am confident and hopeful. It will be good. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment