“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow and Cars

This might be my first rambling post because I really don't have one specific thing to blog about. So try to stick with me... :)

Oklahoma's weather always amazes me. I've lived here all my life but still think our weather is most bizarre at times. Like yesterday...Just last week we had temperatures in the mid to high 50's and yesterday...it snowed! Now I realize an "arctic blast" came through many states but only in Oklahoma does it snow and then one hour later look like it never did.

It was pretty snow, unlike around this time last year when we had a blizzard! So I just stayed at home and watched the snow from the comfort of my office chair, watching the flakes fall from my window.


Monday, January 10, 2011







During the cold months, I LIVE with this space heater on ALL the time. I really don't think I could survive without it. Okay, a little extreme but it does a great job of keeping me warm!



Here is my "haven" for school and blogging! I LOVE my spare bedroom/office.



Tuesday, January 11, 2011- Where did all the snow go? BIG difference in weather from one day to the next. Welcome to Oklahoma! It is still really cold though, unfortunately.


So here I am, nice and warm inside, as my husband was out working in the cold elements trying to stay warm... I called him several times to make sure he was okay and he assured me he was (except for the fact that he could no longer feel his toes...but..no big deal, right?).

It was days like this that I wish he had a different job so I wouldn't have to worry about him being okay. I know...he's a big boy and will be fine but that is what a wife is supposed to do, right? Be concerned about the well being of her husband at all times?

And now you can see why I am becoming a nurse... it's in my nature to want to care for people, that's for sure.

Since it was a cold night, we decided to have the Texas Chili again for dinner. This batch wasn't as good as the original, but it was still pretty tasty! I think it was the ground beef I used that made it taste differently.

Anyone else had this problem with ground beef? It just didn't even look the same really. I don't know, probably no difference but I will probably buy a different kind next time.

After we ate dinner, we headed to Norman to test drive a car.

Yes, Wes and I are in the market to buy a new-used vehicle.

It is a long story but basically his snazzy Subaru has to be parked in the street in front of our house because it is too low to get into the driveway without taking off the entire front bumper in the process.

And because we have such lovely neighbors across the street who don't seem to pay attention (we aren't bitter or anything), his car has gotten hit more than once due to someone backing into it.

Pretty much the Subaru does not need to ever come back to our street once it is fixed. Having to pay a $500 deductible every time it gets hit is just not an option for us right now. So we decided, once his Subaru is out of the shop, to sell it and buy a nice used car in its place.

Pretty good deal for Wes right? Well, here's where Wes would want me to mention that I will be the one getting to drive the new car and he will drive my '99 Honda Accord (which is in great condition). So really it isn't an even trade since I will get the new car instead of him.

And this is where I mention how wonderful, amazing and selfless my husband is. :) To give up his sports car so we can buy a new car for ME to drive.

I married a GOOD man!

So we go to check out this car. We have looked at a few other cars but either have been completely disappointed in the condition of the vehicle or it was a little more than we are willing to spend. But Wes continued to look online and found a 2006 Toyota RAV4 for sale through a private seller.

We had been looking at used cars coming from dealerships so this was the first private seller car we had looked at.

It was a GREAT car!! Really good condition and drove great. The owners have taken really good care of it, you could tell. The interior was pretty close to perfect, no exterior damage and the engine sounded and ran great.

We are waiting on a few things to go through before we will know for sure if we are going to buy it.

Fingers are crossed! We'll see what happens soon!

2 comments:

  1. the man is supposed to let the woman have the nicer vehicle. It's part of the fine print when you signed the marriage license. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - about your office...one of my goals next week is to clean out my third bedroom and 'create' a makeshift office using what I have now (and then upgrading furniture, etc. later). This room is a big ole' junk room right now but I want to use it like you are using yours...office, crafts, blogging, etc.
    Any tips or things that you cannot live without in your office? Lighting, seating, etc. as well. Any advice is needed right now! :) I am thinking about going back to school to get my masters (while working or doing what you are doing...) so I need to start thinking about a comfortable place to study as well.

    ReplyDelete