“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Random Thoughts

Nothing like losing a post when you are already halfway though.... sigh... let's try this again...

I have had a lot of "little" ideas for blog posts lately so I've decided to just put them all into one post and do a "random thoughts" post. That's about how my brain works these days anyway...pretty random....

Here it goes...

1. If you live in Oklahoma, you already know about the ridiculous heat we are experiencing this week. It's not even July yet and we have already reached temperatures well over 100 degrees and in some places up to 105! Whew....that's WAY to hot for us pregnant women. So what is my plan? Stay inside in the A/C!

2. Speaking of the air conditioner...I've been getting so anxious about our air conditioner. I had it serviced last year and it was just fine but I worry about it having to work overtime in this crazy heat. Of all summers, this is NOT the summer I want it to decide to stop working that is for sure! I keep saying, "but what if it does go out", to Wes and he just shakes his head and tells me it's fine and not to worry about it. Is this a new momma thing to worry about something that hasn't even happened yet?

3. I recently went to a friend's baby shower and got some great baby ideas. The one gift she got that I plan on purchasing for myself was a Baby Diary from www.maybooks.com. I had never heard of this website before but immediately knew I had to have one of these for Ava. This website was actually featured on Good Morning America so it must be good!

It's basically a way to custom make your own planner/diary of your choice. You pick out the design for the cover and monogram it with your initials or name if you choose....


then decide which pages you want to go inside....


They have monthly planners, weekly planners, menu planners, wedding diary, bump diary, baby diary, and even just blank pages for a journal. SO cute!! And they have tons of cute designs to choose from!

Of course, I am looking at getting the Baby Diary. I am such a sucker for planners anyway, let me tell you. Sometimes I will go to Office Depot just to buy a new planner with all good intentions of using it and then...never do...(I've got quite a few empty planners lying around). The only planner I really used often was for nursing school. So of course this stuff is right up my alley! :)

Here's a look at the different pages inside the Baby Diary...

I've yet to purchase a baby book and so I might just end up using this instead. 









Who knows, I may not end up using it at all once she is here. But it's definitely a cute idea!

4. Vacation to Nashville is coming up in two weeks!! I'm SO excited!! Can't wait!!

5. I am really needing to get back into cooking more often. But with the weather as hot as it is outside, I am not interested in heating up my kitchen by using the oven. So I'm going to try and find lots of good crock pot recipes. If any of you have any to pass along, I would really appreciate it!!

6. The closer and closer we get to my due date, the more reality starts to hit. We are more than ready for her to finally be here but at the same time...are so nervous about what life will be like. We know it will be a very happy time in our lives but can't help but feel just a little anxious....I'm sure this is normal....

7. My pregnancy brain struck again today...I have been telling people all week that I am about to be 29 weeks along. Only to look down at my pregnancy ticker this morning and realize I am almost 30 weeks this week! Goodness....Time really is flying!

8. Those of you who have babies....what is your take on 3D ultrasounds?? I really want to do one but Wes doesn't think we should. He says he just wants to wait and see her when she's born. He tells me to be patient. I can be patient but I still want to get a good look at her little face and see if she in fact does have my nose!

9. I filled out my August schedule at work the other day and realized that will be the last one I fill out before coming back from materinity leave. Wow! Now that makes it really feel like it's not going to be much longer. I am fortunate enough to be able to take the full 12 weeks of FMLA off to be with Ava. I also enrolled in Short Term Disability when I got hired on so we will still have some income coming in from that, which is good.

10. All of a sudden, I just got a craving for McDonald's for lunch...hmmm...think I better go act on that! :)


 Pregnancy Ticker

1 comment:

  1. Getting a 3D ultrasound was AMAZING. I am sure your husband will agree after you get it done! It something I recommend to every pregnant woman I know. The experience is one of a kind! Just do it! :)

    ReplyDelete