“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Friday, June 15, 2012

Glucose Test, Recent Purchases, and Week 28 Pregnancy Update

I will start out this post with some updates of the past weeks events.

First and foremost: the dreaded 3 hour glucose test....

Well, let's just say...it's done! My mom did come up Sunday night in order to sit with me Monday during my three hour wait. I was so glad she was here because the hours really went by really quickly and before I knew it, three hours was up!

So the three hour drink was the same quantity as last time just DOUBLE the amount of sugar! 100 grams to be exact! Gross....I brought a straw with me this time because I read somewhere that it was easier to get down if drank through a straw.

I started drinking away and thinking, well it's not too bad and a little easier with the straw this time. I was feeling pretty good and decided to ask the nice lab lady how much time I had left (it has to be completely drank in 5 minutes) and she says, "You've only got one minute."

What?! I've still got HALF of this thing to drink and in ONE minute? You've got to be kidding me. This just went from "not so bad" to "gosh I hope I can keep this down".

So I ditched the straw and just had to chug the rest. That last chug sent my body into chills it was so awfully sweet. Oh well, done!!

My blood had to be drawn four different times during the testing. I luckily talked the lab tech into using a smaller needle on me this time since I bruised so bad from that last test so that part was easy. I felt fine throughout the three hours except for having diarrhea (T.M.I. probably for some of you, but yall gotta know the truth behind these experiences). Lovely.....at least I didn't throw it up though.

Of course, the second my last hour was up, I was more than ready to eat lunch. My mom and I decided to eat at Furr's and oh my gosh....I have never been so hungry in my life. My mom looked at me and said, "I don't think I've ever seen you this excited about food before." haha

She's probably right!

Excitement was definitely what I was feeling. I couldn't wait to eat! And boy did I eat too! My little self finished: chicken fried steak, fried potatoes, peaches and bananas, mac and cheese, cabbage, a roll, AND pumpkin pie. No problem. I was SO full but felt SO much better. :) Best.Meal.Ever.

As soon as lunch was over, I had my regular doctor's appointment. I had to get my Rhogam shot (due to my A negative blood type) and OUCH!! That thing hurt!! I've had patients tell me that it does but now I really know what they are talking about. There's a 50/50 chance I will need another one after delivery and I am hoping I don't. But of course, I will do what I have to do!

The rest of the day was spent running around with mom, shopping of course. :) I had been wanting to start looking around for a new travel bag to take to the hospital when it is time for delivery. I thought I would wait till we go to Nashville to find one, but ended up finding this CUTE bag at Target.


It was actually in the cosmetic section. The brand is Sonia Kashuk. It has a ton of room and really sturdy. It also comes with two clear make-up cases inside. I've been needing a new bag to take with me when I go out of town anyway, but this way I can have a new bag to take to the hospital too.

It's definitely too early to be thinking about packing my bag yet, but I'm pretty sure this bag will be able to not only hold my clothes but probably anything we might need for Ava too.

Our other purchase was a new memory foam mattress topper and comforter for the spare bedroom (also known as the bed my mom will be sleeping in when she is here to help after Ava is born). We found a really cute comforter at Target (love that store!) and for only $20! I actually like the way the room looks even better than the black and white comforter I had on the bed before.

Comforter before....

And the new one....

I am already LOVING my mom being done with school. She has always had the summer off but it's great knowing she will have the opportunity to come visit so much more often now that she has retired.

I am getting more and more excited about our trip to Nashville as it gets closer. My sister is already planning fun stuff for us to do.

One request I had was for her to find us a good place to get a massage. I figured this technically is my vacation so I might as well enjoy it!! I've been saying I need to get a massage but just have never done it. Vacation sounds like the perfect time for it and just relax. Ahh....I can't wait!!!

Here is a cute picture of Lexi that I just had to post. She has so much personality and never fails to keep us entertained. :)


Father's Day is this weekend and I knew I wanted to do something special for Wes. I know...he's not a dad YET but he did get me a Mother's Day card and a small gift on Mother's Day so I wanted to return the favor. And find a small way of letting him know that he is going to be great dad!

I work this weekend so we won't be able to celebrate Father's Day on the day so we are celebrating tonight.

Now although I doubt that Wes would read my blog post before getting his gift this evening, I am going to wait and make a post later tonight or tomorrow of what his Father's Day gift was. Until then, this is all you get to see....


I think I am more excited about what I got him than he is! :) I felt like I did a pretty good job of being creative with this one and can't wait for him to open it! So be checking back soon for pictures of what was inside.

Now for the weekly pregnancy update.....

Pregnancy Highlights


 
How Far Along: 28 weeks- Officially made it to the third trimester! Yay!! The countdown begins!

Size of baby: According to "thebump" baby is now putting on more layers of fat and now weighs in around 1.5-2.5 pounds and measures about 13.5-14.8 inches long; the size of an eggplant.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Trucking right along in this department! At my last appointment, I weighed in right at 120 which is about 13 pounds gained so far. Pretty much right on track! :)

Maternity Clothes: Absolutely! The skirt I have on in my picture above is my most recent purchase and I love it! SO comfy! I think I need about 3 more of these in different colors.
Gender: Girl! So excited! :) "Ava Rae"

Movement: Still an active little one! I can tell she is getting bigger because her movements are more "jab" like and lots of kicking. I love feeling around on my belly trying to figure out what body part is sticking out. I bet most of the time it's those long legs moving around.

Sleep: Sleep is wonderful still! I slept till 10:30 this morning and it felt great!

What I miss: Can't think of a thing! Loving pregnancy!

Cravings: Anything and everything sweet! (Which might explain my fail of the 1 hour glucose test) I aim for moderation but sometimes it's SO hard when all I want is coke, chocolate, and ice cream! Mmmm!

Symptoms: My lower back has started to ache a little bit more due to my growing belly. Heartburn is still there but not too bad. Otherwise, feeling great!!

Best Moment this week:  Getting through my 3 hour glucose test and I'm pretty sure passing too!! It wasn't fun, let me tell you, but it had to be done.  


 Pregnancy Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment