“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break Days 2 and 3

I may not have gone anywhere this week, but it really has been nice to get to do things I want to do without having school getting in the way.

Tuesday I finally hung our signature picture frames from the wedding. The pictures sat against the wall without the glass in them for the longest time. It's funny how something so simple, that doesn't take much time at all, gets put off for so long. But I am so glad they are finally up on the wall. They turned out great! I am glad we made the choice to do this instead of having your basic guest book. This is so much more memorable and can be looked at every single day.




Tuesday night we had Wes' brother, Dave, over for dinner. He also brought with him a girl that he has been hanging out with recently.

Now that Wes is a married man, Dave has been anxious to find the one for him. He sees how happy Wes is and wants to experience that for himself. After going through some interesting relationships, he may have found a good one! She is very mature and seems really genuine. Definitely great traits to have.

Wes and I had only met her once briefly, so we decided it would be nice to invite both of them over for dinner. Even though dinner was at our house, Dave wanted to cook his shrimp scampi for us. It was SO good!! And I'm pretty sure he impressed his lady friend with his cooking skills as well.

We had such a good time hanging out together that we are planning a trip to the Zoo this coming Sunday. The weather is supposed to be a lot nicer than last Sunday, so hopefully those plans will go through.

Wednesday morning started out really well by getting an e-mail from our photographer. She has been working on our wedding album and now was ready for us to take a look at what she's done. This album will be such a great way of being able to look back and remember our wedding day. Finals edits won't be complete until I "okay" all of the spreads. Each book normally contains 28 pages but ours is going to have 38! I knew we had taken  a lot of pictures but WOW! The only way to get everything in was to create more pages.

So I spent the entire morning yesterday going through each page and writing down any changes I want to make. I've decided to make a trip to Lawton and meet up with the photographer this Saturday so we can make sure all the changes I want to make are clearly understood. This way she can make the final edits and send it off for publishing!

Here is a "sneak peak" of one page of our album that she sent me a few weeks ago. Once everything is complete, I will post a link to the website to view each  page.



Pretty handsome groom I have, huh? :) I am blessed!!

By the time I finished looking at pictures it was early afternoon and the weather was gorgeous outside. So I decided to get out and enjoy the weather and start working on the flower bed.

I have been to both Home Depot and Lowe's within the past few days looking at the different types of edging to put around the flower bed but haven't made any final decisions yet. But, even though I didn't plan on doing the edging part of it, I knew I at least needed to get it cleaned out.

I didn't want Lexi to have to stay inside all day while I was outside so I found a way to stake her leash to a pole in the front yard so she could sit outside with me while I worked. Here is a picture of my little helper.



She did such a good job just hanging out. Never once did she whine or bark at all. And since she was being so good, I decided to give her a little more slack on her leash so she could be closer to me while I was digging. And she decided the digging looked pretty fun and wanted to try it out for herself. I just might have found a good way to get my plants in the ground this year!



It was SO nice to be outside in such great weather. And I got my task accomplished. Now I just have to get my mom up to OKC so we can go flower shopping and get something planted!

I had to get all the old mulch out first. So gross and so messy.

Before

After!

Doesn't look like I did much, but it looks a lot better! And ready to be planted in soon!


Look at this poor, tired face. She was wore out!



That evening we went out to Wes' parents house. Wes had a vocal session at the studio so I decided to go and visit with his mom and let her see Lexi. And also so Lexi could play with Barkley, his mom's Sheltie.

They played SO hard that within about an hour they both had collapsed and fallen asleep. Lexi had a full, busy, tiring day yesterday. But she most definitely needs it to get all that puppy energy out so I welcome the chance to wear her out. :)

It was so good to see Wes out in the studio again recording. I love watching him in his "element" and doing what he loves to do. He has such joy when he gets to be in the studio. That joy doesn't come as easy with the post office work. And in just two and a half hours, he was able to make $100. Not too bad. Pretty good money for such a short period of time.

Ahh..one day our life will be just the way we want it to be. Wes recording music full time and me working in an area of nursing I love. It's so hard to not want those things NOW. We don't want to wait. But we just have to be patient and take one day at time. We know we are in God's will, doing what we are supposed to be doing, right now. And the only way to see our hopes and dreams come alive, is to continue to walk in His will and trust Him in all that we do.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your way acknowledge Him,
And he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Too many times we try to make sense of where our life is at the present moment. When all it comes down to is as long as we have peace about whatever it is we are doing, then we ARE in the will of God and He will provide a path if we acknowledge that He is the creator of our future, past and present. As long as we continue to seek His face and obey His word, He has promised us a wonderful future full of peace and hope.

My challenge to you:

"Fix your eyes not what is seen, but what is unseen.
For what we see is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:18

We face this challenge whether life is peaceful and prosperous or whether life is filled with multiple trials and hardships.  The tendency is to fix our eyes on what is seen.  Whether life is going well or is very hard we need to always remember “this too will pass.” 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment