“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Break is over..back to school...

My world is about to get crazy busy yet again. Spring Break is now over and school starts back in full swing tomorrow. This week I will be in the NICU so it should be an interesting and exciting week!

To re-cap the last part of my Spring Break....

Thursday was St. Patrick's Day and Dave's cover band was playing at a local bar. So Wes and I decided we should be supportive and go out to watch him play. They played outside and the weather was perfect! A little bit windy but what else can you expect in Oklahoma?

Here are a few pictures from the night. We didn't stay long since Wes had to be up for work but it was still great to get out of the house and support Dave.

Don't know what happened with the camera here but you get the idea. :)


Family!


90's Cover Band: "Stereo Deck"


The drummer was showing off his St. Patty's Day spirit, ha.


Dave rockin' in out on the bass!


My good looking brother-in-law. See, I can say that since he and my husband are twins! haha


Once again, don't know what happened with the camera. But hey, I tried!


Friday morning I headed to Lawton for the night. Got to spend some time with my Mom Friday which was definitely much needed! It's always such a refresher to go home, relax, and spend time with family. It's even better when your mom is also your best friend and you can talk to her about anything. God has truly blessed me with amazing parents to look up to and count on for anything.

Lexi had a good time getting to play with Beamer while I was there. It was nice not having to entertain her, Beamer did all the work for me!

Beamer even shared his toys with Lexi.



So fun to watch them play!


Beamer is doing a LOT better since his health scare last month. He goes back to the vet for blood work soon just to make sure everything is still "on the mend". But he is back to his normal, energetic self.

Saturday I met with my photographer to go over the wedding album. FOUR hours of editing pictures! I had no idea it was going to take that long but I am very happy with the changes and additions that were made. The album is going look AWESOME ! I can't wait to see the final, finished product.

Saturday night, Wes and I had a movie night and watched Harry Potter. Yes, we are into Harry Potter now.

It's not really that we are totally into Harry Potter itself, we are just into watching movie series. It started with Star Wars last summer before I started school. Then once we were done with those, we felt like we needed to watch something else that had a series, so Lord of the Rings it was. And when that one ended...Harry Potter was about all that was left.

I have really enjoyed all the series we have watched though. Star Wars was probably my favorite believe it or not. We even started putting together Star Wars Lego's last year after watching the movies. And now they are on display in Wes's music room.



We're dorks..what can I say.

It takes Wes back to his childhood, playing with Lego's. And I am always happy to join in and be a kid again too. :)

Sunday was church as usual. After church we went to the Zoo with Dave and his new girl, Jessie. I surprisingly didn't take any pictures while we were there. Probably because all the animals were hiding and we didn't get to see much.

Isn't that how it always feels though? Maybe that is just the OKC Zoo.

I feel like the Zoo ends up being more of an exercise program that it is looking at animals. You walk..and walk..and walk...to the exhibit you want to see to only find...nothing..not a single lion, bear, bird, or hippo in sight. What kind of zoo is this??

We did see the baby hippo, rhino, gorillas (my personal fave), giraffe and the elephants. That was about it though. Probably going to be making a trip to the Science Museum instead next time. My feet are killing me!

I think that's all I have for my Spring Break news. Now back to the daily grind of class and studying. Ugh.

Only four more months to go...132 days! Yes!! I'm in the home stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment