“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break Day 1

Today is my first official day of Spring Break. And so far I have managed to do not a single bit of studying. So much for that idea! :)

But I will try to keep my promise about posting this week.

The weather in Oklahoma continues to baffle me. Today it is just down right COLD! As I sat on the couch drinking my cup of morning coffee, I looked out the window thinking it didn't look to be TOO cold. Although absolutely NO sun, I somehow thought it would be warm(er).

So I decide to look at WeatherBug and see what the temperature actually was before I made the decision to go out of the house. 38 degrees!! Really?! It was just 80 two days ago!

One would think after being in Oklahoma this long that I would be used to this drastic weather changing business by now but apparently not. I continue to be slightly perturbed at how unfair mother nature can be sometimes.

I have plans this week to work on our front flowerbed. Don't expect to get anything planted just yet but it most definitely needs some TLC so the plants actually stand a chance at survival.

The plan is to take out the old edging and put in something new. Then clean out all the old mulch from last year, get out all the grass, and turn over the soil a little bit. Now saying that sounds easier than it might end up being.

I had hoped to get to Lowe's or Home Depot today and maybe get started. But the weather didn't chose to cooperate so I will wait to do that tomorrow.

Instead I made a trip to the grocery store for dinner stuff for the week. I figured the least I can do while I am home all week relaxing, is to cook dinner for Wes. I  decided to go with our top five favorite recipes. Here's what they ended up being:

1) Chili
2) Crock Pot Pork Chops
3) Meatloaf
4) Spaghetti with Homemade Marinara Sauce
5) Pesto Pasta w/ Shrimp and Tomatoes

We have been really bad lately about going out to eat. I may not have mentioned this yet but we did look at how much money we saved by not eating out and cooking at home, for one month. The results aren't what we expected. Turns out, we spent just as much at the grocery store as we had been eating out.

(Maybe this is why I stopped cooking...)

Crazy to believe. But, the way I make sense of it is, food costs money and we have to eat. So there isn't going to be too many ways around spending money on food. It just HAS to happen. I know I could really be thrifty with my choices at the grocery store but I'm always in such a hurry. Now it's a miracle if I make it to the grocery store once a week.

Work in progress I guess.

This week will be a different story though; dinner at home ALL week for us!

I wanted to share this YouTube video with all of you. I always listen to the Bethany Dillon Pandora station on my phone while I get ready in the morning. And this song started playing.

No matter where you are in life right now, I feel like this song can touch your heart in whatever way you need it to. The words have a way of anchoring your heart back to what really matters and remind yourself that you are never alone in life.

What do you feel your heart saying where you hear this song?

For me, the title of the song says it all: Sufficient.





No comments:

Post a Comment