“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quick Update

Well, I'm getting pretty bad about new posts lately. I have a test tomorrow so I'm going to keep this one short. Maybe after the test, I will finally have time to write a good, long post.

Started (and about finished) my Community Hospice rotation recently. It's been okay. Not what I really see myself doing, but it has been a good experience. So for now, I am still looking towards OB for my future career. However, I still have Critical Care to look forward to next month, so I will keep an open mind about it and just see how it goes. Maybe my mind will change. I kind of hope it doesn't, but you just never know!

Wes has been working non-stop lately. He is usually working 60 hour work weeks (6 days a week). So that has been hard on him and actually me too. It's hard when we are both so busy with work and school and by the time the end of the day is here and we finally get to spend some time together, we are so exhausted. I'm ready for things to slow down just enough for us to get to spend real quality time together without being so worn out.

We hope to get a chance to take a mini vacation to Dallas over my birthday weekend. Hopefully the post office will allow Wes to take some days off. We also are planning to take our honeymoon (finally!) once I am finished up with school in July. We don't know where we want to go yet but do know we don't want to break the bank doing it either. :) Any ideas??

And of course we now have Lexi! She has already grown SO much since we got her just two weeks ago. I keep trying to take lots of pictures because I know she won't stay this small for long. She is so much fun and full of energy (definitely more than we have!). We are so glad she is a part of our family!

So here are a few new pictures of Lexi. Her ears are starting to stand up, well, the right one is anyway. We are wondering if she will end up with one ear up and one ear floppy but it's probably too soon to tell.


This picture really shows her ears. SO cute!


She's grown!


This one shows just how small she really is. And yes, we have accidentally stepped on her a few times. She is always under foot!


It seems in the past week the word "No!" comes out of our mouths quite often. She is very active and always chewing on something. Mostly cords...gotta love the puppy stage.


But despite the chewing that drives us crazy, this is adorable little face that we get to enjoy every single day. How can you be mad at this face? Love her!!


Back to studying...

But to sum it up: Life is pretty crazy right now, but life is definitely GOOD! :) We are blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should go to New Orleans. Or New York. Or Maine...anywhere in Maine. Or...or...man, I need to travel more.

    ReplyDelete