“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Monday, July 16, 2012

Nashville in Pictures

I just finished uploading all the pictures from Nashville, and I think the best way to give everyone a recap of the trip is to make this a picture post and caption the pictures with stories along the way. :)

Mom and I at the Lawton airport just before boarding the plane. Next stop....Nashville!!


Okay, I will warn my readers now...we ate a lot of great food while we were there and every good meal has to come with pictures. I'm pretty sure we took a picture of just about every meal we ate. :)

The night we got into Nashville, we didn't do much. Made a trip to the grocery store for the week and I ordered Chinese take out for dinner. It was really good but not necessarily picture worthy, so sorry to disappoint you...no picture of my Beef Lo Mein. But it hit the spot and we all hit the hay to make sure we were well rested for the next day's shopping adventures.

First stop Monday was lunch at a restaurant called, Rafferty's. Very similar to Charleston's if you live in the OKC area. Ashlie had mentioned their croissants and so Mom just had to try them and compare to Charleston's.

Charleston's still might have them beat on the honey drizzled croissants, but these were pretty darn good! Mmm!!

We went to one of the many malls in the area that afternoon. Mainly browsed around and only shopped at Sephora and Pottery Barn Kids. Then it was time for a little break from shopping and time for a sweet snack! Cookie with frosting filling....Baby Ava loves her sweets!! haha

By this time, my feet were killing me (this is becoming a usual occurrence now) and we were all ready for a nap. So we headed back home and took a nap. Then, of course, time to eat again! Pizza delivery it was and it was SO good! I'm not a huge pizza person but this made me become one.

It was from "A Pie in the Sky", we ordered "Happy Family" Look at all those mushrooms! Mmm!!
(now this picture looks kinda gross, but I promise, it was awesome!)

The next day was supposed to be my appointment for the 3D/4D ultrasound but they had to reschedule me for Wednesday, so plans changed a little but we still had good eats and good shopping!

And for lunch....the historic Loveless Cafe! Check out their website to learn more about the history behind this roadside cafe..... www.lovelesscafe.com
I took more pictures here than any place just because of the "quaintness" of it. GREAT food!!

Mom and I in front of the cafe.


Sisters! 


Okay, we had way too much fun with this! Pretty sure we were all laughing so hard we were crying.
Good times! 



Loveless Cafe is well known for their amazing biscuits that come with every meal and fresh blackberry, strawberry and peach preserves to go with it. Mmm!!

Read about the history behind the homemade biscuits and "The Biscuit Lady" here......

Now time for the food pictures...Ashlie ordered the French Toast. It smelled amazing... piled with tons of powdered sugar and cinnamon.  


I chose to get one of their "staple" foods...BLT sandwhich but with Fried Green Tomatoes.
VERY good!!

Of course they had a gift shop and I didn't have any trouble picking out a few souviner's for home. I bought Wes a t-shirt, me a coffee mug, kitchen towel, the famous biscuit mix with biscuit cutters
and....how could I pass up this onesizie for Ava? SO cute!
(hard to tell in this picture, but it is a pale yellow color) 

This was one of my favorite places we went by far. I look forward to coming back again the next time I visit. The next time, Ava can experience it first hand. :)

The weather was kind of rainy and dreary that day so we stopped at a few little stores before heading back home for...you guessed it! Nap time! Eating and shopping is tough work!

After our nap, we just ate at home and watched "The Help" that we rented earlier that day. Mom hadn't seen it yet so we figured it was a good excuse to stay home and take it easy.

Because....the next morning was Ava's big debut! 3D/4D ultrasound!! Yay!! I have been looking forward to this for about two weeks since I decided to schedule it.


Now I don't want to disappoint anybody, but I am saving the actual pictures for a separate post. But here is a look at the cute room I had the ultrasound done in.

Plenty of room for family to sit and enjoy the experience. Mom and Ashlie loved it!


After the ultrasound we headed to lunch at a local and very popular bakery called, The Puffy Muffin. My parents have been here a few times during their visits to Nashville, but I am the only one who hasn't gone so of course I had to experience it too!

Mom and Ashlie talked me into getting their Ginger Tea. Really good!

 I ordered the Spinach Quiche which came with frozen strawberry salad and two slices of their AMAZING poppy seed bread. YUM!

Just next to The Puffy Muffin were a few cute stores I have heard so much about since Ashlie moved to Nashville. One was called "Hot Pink" and had such cute baby stuff. But I spent so much at Loveless Cafe and the ultrasound that I walked out without anything. :(

Next to "Hot Pink" was a "Fresh Market" grocery store that Ashlie had to go into to buy blueberry frosted-covered pretzels. This place reminds me a lot of a Whole Foods just at a smaller scale and more local feel.

TONS of candy!!!



Also TONS of gourmet nuts, dried fruit, candy covered pretzels....

As part of my "new mommy gift" at Stork Vision, I got a few 10-20% off coupons to use at a maternity store and kids store. Wanting to take advantage of the coupons, we drove over to "Pickles and Ice Cream" and "Kids Too".

For once, I don't have pictures of my purchases to show you but I did find a very cute diaper bag, a sleepwear outfit for the hospital, and a pregnancy t-shirt that has a picture of pink baby feet with "What's Kicking" written underneath. I will try to take a picture of me in this shirt the next time I wear it. I did wear it when I got back to OKC and got SO many compliments on it. Glad my mom insisted she buy it for me. :) Thanks Mom!

And our last stop of the day was dinner at a seafood restaurant, "BoneFish Grill".

"Bang Bang" Shrimp for our appetizer.  
 

And my meal...Shrimp and Scallops with Au Gratin potatoes and Seasonal Veggies
SO SO good!!

Then it was back home to get all packed up.  The trip was already over. :(

Although we were able to relax, it went by so quick. I can't believe it's already the start of a new week and back to work. I was looking forward to Nashville with so much anticipation and just like that...the trip has come and gone. Now it's time to patiently anticipate the arrival of sweet, baby Ava.

Wes and I keep telling each other she is going to be here before we know it. I think the countdown is now down to just under 50 days!

On the plane ride back to Oklahoma, I couldn't help but take a picture of this dad and his diaper bag he was carrying...

Hmm... Doesn't that bag look really familiar?? That's right! It's exactly the same Diaper Dude diaper bag I got Wes. And his looked to be worn in quite a bit so I felt good knowing I made a good choice. :)

That's all I've got for Nashville pictures. Pictures never can do justice to the fun we had and how enjoyable the trip really was. It was great to spend time with family before Ava arrives. The next time I see Ashlie, I will be holding a newborn baby in my arms. <3

Next post to come soon! 3D/4D of Ava, nursery pictures/projects, baby bump pictures, and Ava's growing wardrobe!


 Pregnancy Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment