“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Weeks 18 & 19: Ultrasound Pictures!

Pregnancy Highlights


How Far Along: 18 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby is now 5.6 inches, 6.7 ounces. The size of a sweet potato! At the ultrasound (19 weeks) they told me baby weighs an estimated 12 ounces which is the size of a soda can! Whoah! How fast they grow!! No wonder my belly is growing, growing fast!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Probably somewhere around 4-5 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Still the same! Maternity jeans and the occasional maternity shirts with the rouching on the sides. Looking forward to buying some cute summer dresses here soon!

Gender: This will be a week early based on my picture update (since we found this out at 19 weeks) but IT'S A GIRL! And we are pretty set on her name: Ava Rae DeWitte :) Wes and I are very excited about having a sweet, little girl. She will be a daddy's girl for sure!

I know most will probably look at this picture and wonder what you are looking at, but this is the girl confirmation picture. The circled three little white lines confirms it's a GIRL! No boy parts here! :)


Movement: The movement has been confirmed! As I mentioned before, I wasn't sure of what I was feeling at 16 weeks but turns out, it was her! Her movements are unmistakable now and I can even now put my hand on my belly and feel the little kicks (sometimes more than little and I have to wonder what she is doing in there!)  :) Wes has even felt her move too! I have been fortunate enough to feel her tiny movements every day since so I am reminded every day of the little blessing that is growing inside me. So precious. <3

Sleep: Still sleeping just fine! No problems at all. Some days not sleeping in late as much and can usually get through my days without needing a nap. Energy has returned and I feel great!

What I miss: I can honestly say, at the moment, I am loving being pregnant. I can't think of a thing that I would have to say I miss because I wouldn't trade where I'm at now for anything in the world.

Cravings: I bought a big batch of already cut up watermelon the other day and finished it off very easily in two days. :) Fruit always tastes good!

Symptoms: Feeling great! My nose has started to be a little stuffy at times but hard to tell if it's pregnancy related or just bad allergies this time of the year. My legs have started to cramp and tighten up a little more. I am just waiting for that gut wrenching pain in the middle of my sleep.

Best Moment this week:  Even though, like I said, this is a week early, the best moment of course was having our ultrasound and "officially" finding out we are having a girl! I am now able to buy pink with confidence. :)

A few other pictures from the ultrasound. They looked at MANY different things for this ultrasound: heart, spine, kidneys, bladder, stomach, brain, femur, feet, hands, mouth, abdomen....everything came out completely normal. Couldn't ask for more, God is good!

Profile #1: So amazing to see so many details about her at his stage!  


 
Profile #2



Foot! Looks like a big foot to me? Maybe it's just the angle. :)


Planning on taking a Week 20 picture soon, so hopefully I will get up a new weekly update posted this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment