“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Saturday, March 24, 2012

16 weeks and Other Family News

Cast your vote on whether you think baby DeWitte is a boy or a girl! (Just to the right of this post, at the top) We will see how many voters get it right come April. :) Vote now!! ---------->

Well, it's been a long time since I've talked about anything other than pregnancy since the New Year so I am going to mix it up and give everyone a little of pregnancy news and other news that's been going on with Wes and I.

Since becoming pregnant, Wes and I started discussing the need for him to find a part time job while still continuing to work out at the studio to bring in some extra income for baby. Now finding a job that has flexible enough hours to allow him to do both was where we didn't know what might work best.

Ever since Wes quit the post office back in July, he has been applying for a different position within the post office called an RCA, or rural route carrier. These positions are somewhat like his previous position as a TE where it is a temp position with the chance of getting a full time position in the future.

The difference: it's a driving route not walking (thank goodness!) and they don't work you to death. He would be subbing in for full time carriers on their days off so therefore they only guarantee one day of work a week. But depending on the need, it could be as many as five days a week.

The pay is the same but the hours and demand is much, much less which would still allow Wes to work in the studio in the evenings.

So he kept his eye out for any new openings and when they showed up, he applied. He even had to go take a test that would determine how eligible he would be for a position.

He did really well on the test but never heard anything back about the position being filled or not. So he just continued applying for anything that looked promising, hoping something would come through.

Much to our surprise, Wes got a phone call in February to come in for an interview for a position in Edmond.

Yes!! Finally!!

The interview went really well and after a week of waiting for the final word, he was hired!! 

God is good!!

He was able to move quickly through the orientation process since he has just recently went through it all with the previous position. While he hasn't worked many days yet, he hopes to learn as many routes as he can so he can sub in as often as possible.

Either way, this was the perfect job opportunity for our family and will continue to be the case once our little one is here as well. It will allow him time for the studio and more importantly, it will allow him time with his family.

We knew God had it all planned out. :) Why would He not?

I have been doing some baby registering online lately. Gosh it can get pretty overwhelming! More so than registering for wedding gifts. Mainly because I don't have a clue what is a good brand, bad brand, safe, not safe....We're talking about a human life here not just a toaster oven that will sit on the counter in the kitchen! A little bit more weight to these decisions. :)

Any of you that read my blog and have mommy advice on baby gear, PLEASE, let's hear it!! I want as many mommy opinions as I can get. Cribs...strollers...carriers....swings...diapers..wipes...anything! What do I absolutely need and what things do registry's say I need but don't really matter yet?

Either comment directly on my blog or you can email me at: mjwd12@gmail.com

I appreciate all of your input!!

Now for the weekly pregnancy update!! 

Pregnancy Highlights



How Far Along: 16 Weeks


Size of baby: Baby is now 4.6 inches, 3.5 ounces. The size of an avocado!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Depending on the time of day, I am usually at a weight gain of about 3 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Still the same! Maternity jeans and the occasional maternity shirts with the rouching on the sides. My regular shirts still fit fine though. I actually enjoy them because it shows off my belly more. :)

Gender: Remember how I said I was going to try and be patient? How can I be patient when I have an ultrasound machine sitting at work and wonderful friends at work to do them for me? :) Pretty sure we know what the gender is, but I'm not going to say anything official until the scheduled ultrasound in April. Now I will make you guys be patient!!

Movement: Okay... so this is a hard one this week because I think I might have felt movement. But I'm still not 100& sure that was what I was feeling. It more just feels like tiny air pockets popping every once a while. Waiting to get that unmistakable "jab" in the belly so I can be sure of what I felt!

Sleep: Definitely still feeling pretty rested most of the time. Could that be because I usually will sleep until 10 AM every day? Umm..maybe...but it helps me to feel great during the day and through the night at work. I really am starting to enjoy being pregnant. :)

What I miss: My balance can be a little off most days. Having been a ballerina for 16 years, I pride myself on my balance abilities but the more this belly grows the more my balance gets a little off.

Cravings: No cravings but I am enjoying eating anything! I never thought I would say that I was going through the first trimester and nothing sounded good. I have a good appetite and any type of food sounds wonderful when I'm starving.

Symptoms: Still nothing to speak of here! My headaches have started to get a little worse but nothing unmanageable.

Best Moment this week:  Getting an "almost" official word on if we are having a boy or a girl. I'm excited! It was so awesome to see how much this baby has developed. We were able to get a close up of baby's brain, spine, ribs, and chambers of the heart. I think I even got a little high five or a wave on the ultrasound at one point. I'm in love already. :)

Here are few other pictures I took this week. Wes snapped this one of me after he took the previous belly picture. It really shows how much my little bump has grown!


This next one, I decided to do a view of what I am seeing on a daily basis. I'm not crazy big yet, but when I took this picture I couldn't even see my feet! Lexi wasn't sure what I was trying to do. :)

And since I haven't put many up of Lexi lately, here ya go. Wes and I are curious to see how she "takes" to his new baby when he/she arrives. We are pretty sure she is going to be one jealous little pup! She won't be the center of our attention anymore but will just have to learn to share. :)



2 comments:

  1. I voted! Where are you registering? I'm gonna get with my neighbor to see what she wishes she had considered/bought when it comes to the big stuff (crib, stroller, blah, blah). She has a 15-month-old little boy - Jack Tucker. Isn't that a precious name? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the twins, I loved: breathable baby bumpers (mesh crib bumpers that are super safe!), summer infant velcro swadddles, Graco cribs (they converted to toddler beds, which was awesome!), Fisher Price Little Lamb swing (it could swing different directions- back and forth or front to back. My kids loved it!).

    Things I didn't find useful: bottle warmers (we just filled a container with warm water and put the bottle in there), wipe warmers, and diaper genie.

    For diapers, it really just depends! We used Pampers at first, then had the kiddos in Target brand for a long time, and then switched to Huggies when R started getting some bad blisters. Just see what works best!

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete