“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week 20

Pregnancy Highlights


How Far Along: 20 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is now 6.5 inches, 10.6 ounces. The size of a cantaloupe! Looks like baby Ava is still weighing more than the average weight based on the last ultrasound (12 ounces). That must explain why I feel her so well now. :) No complaints here!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Probably somewhere around 4-5 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Still the same! Maternity jeans and the occasional maternity shirts with the rouching on the sides. Looking forward to buying some cute summer dresses here soon!

Gender: Girl! So excited! :)

Movement: When do I not feel movement is the question :) She is very active already so I can only imagine what she will be like when I am closer to delivery. She moves the most when I am laying still, usually on my back. I could sit still for hours just feeling her movements. Pregnancy continues to amaze me every single day. Such a blessing and such a miracle it is!

Sleep: I feel like I have been sleeping more lately. Although I think I am starting to get the beginnings of a cold, I notice I am sleepy more. Whatever the reason, I will continue to listen to my body and take any chance I can to rest.

What I miss: I can honestly say, at the moment, I am loving being pregnant. I can't think of a thing that I would have to say I miss because I wouldn't trade where I'm at now for anything in the world.

Cravings: Fruit is still my favorite! Good thing it's good for me (and her!)

Symptoms: Unsure if this congestion is pregnancy related or a cold trying to set in. I feel like it's more than just typical congestion because I just feel awful at times. Trying to medicate myself with what I can and rest; hoping it goes away soon.

Best Moment this week:  This is a best moment every single day, but I am in love with feeling her move and actually seeing my belly move. Her movements are so reassuring and makes this whole process much more real. I love that Wes can feel her move now too; sweet moments. <3


I made more progress on the nursery the other day. Now it really is close to done. :) I made a trip to Hobby Lobby just for a cord cover and came out with a rug, vase, flowers, letters, cord cover, and cute signs to hang on the wall. I can't ever get out of the place with just one thing!

Most of everything I bought was 50% off which makes me feel better about spending the money. (whatever makes me feel better about it, right?)

Here are a few pictures:


This is a view from me sitting in the glider. The ballet picture above the crib was in my grandmother's house and was actually her mother's picture. I have had it in my closet since she passed away in 2007 but haven't found the right place for it. I think I found the right place. :)

I already had these white shelves and candle holders but the sign above them is one I got from Hobby Lobby. The valance and curtains got hung too.
The curtains are very sheer and have little ladybugs on them. Pretty cute!

Bought from Hobby Lobby. Couldn't pass up the vase when I saw it since it was pink and green. :)

Acrylic letters that were only $1.99 each!

And the purchase I was most excited about was the rug! I have been looking around for the perfect rug but just wasn't able to find something I couldn't live without. Ran across this one all by it's lonesome at Hobby Lobby and knew it would be perfect!

This is a view of the nursery from our living room as I am sitting on the couch writing this post.
I put the mobile up the other day so I don't know if you can see it well or not.

I say that is all I will do to the nursery for now, but we all know that probably won't be the case. :) It is nice however just to be able to go into her room and just sit and relax. She will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

  1. The nursery is beautiful Meredith and you have that motherly glow about you!!

    ReplyDelete