“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Friday, February 24, 2012

Week 12

According to most pregnancy websites and IPhone Apps, I am now just only one week away from being through the first trimester! Even though I do still have one more week to go, I am feeling like the worst is definitely behind me.

My mom kept telling me that one day I will just wake up and feel completely normal. Oh, how I wanted so badly to believe my mom's words of wisdom as I was unable to move from the couch for days on end and relied on Zofran like it was my prenatal vitamin.

So hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you are going through the storm. (I think that could be applied to life in general, huh? Not just pregnancy symptoms)

But I can see the light!!! (Yes, Mom, you were right!)

I was at work this past week and actually caught myself "forgetting" I was pregnant. I know that sounds silly and maybe not a milestone to some, but it was for me! Since I am still in that in between phase where my belly isn't exactly showing, the times I feel great, I almost forget. :)

While I'm at work, I usually catch myself mentioning to most of my patients that I am pregnant. Mainly because I am not feeling the greatest and it's all I can think about. Then we proceed to discuss pregnancy and how "it will get better!". This past week...I noticed I hadn't mentioned to any of my patients that I was pregnant mainly due to the fact that I was feeling absolutely normal.

Yup, I said it...normal!! Yes!!!

The constant hunger at night is back, however, and it seems I can't get enough to eat. The difference is, I actually feel like I could eat anything. Nothing never really sounds awful like it did before. I at times can't decide on what to eat but it's never because nothing sounds good.

I have had a few nausea spells but these are small compared to how I felt early in the pregnancy. At least now I can get sick...and then it's over and I feel great the rest of the day.

All in all, I am looking forward to the second trimester if this is a glimpse at what it will be like.

We had our first appointment with the doctor on Valentine's Day. Everything went well. We even got to see the little bean again on ultrasound. She had tried finding the heartbeat with a Doppler but was unsuccessful so she had to get the ultrasound machine to confirm the heart was still beating away. (Oh darn!) And of course it was, and still moving around those little arms and legs like crazy.



I keep joking around saying this baby is already learning how to keep a beat. He/She is being born into a musical family, there is no option so he/she might as well start early! Maybe we have a little drummer on our hands. :)

We are so anxious to find out the sex of the baby. The plan is to find out on my birthday, April 11th. I will be right around 19 weeks so it should be perfect timing.

The plan so far is to keep it a secret from not just the family, but ourselves too. Then plan a "gender reveal" party with close family and friends. It will not only be a surprise for them but for us as well. We will see if we can hold out and not get even more anxious in the mean time and change our plan.

I don't have a baby bump picture for this week. I have kind of slacked on taking weekly pictures, but mostly because my belly really hasn't changed drastically since the last picture I posted.

It's weird...some days...there is an obvious bump. And other days...it's just barely there. I'm sure things will start moving along pretty soon. I will do my best to take a picture for my next update. :)

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 12 Weeks


Size of baby: Baby is the size of a plum! Which is close to 2 inches. Out of measuring in centimeters and now in inches. Wow.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Sill no drastic weight gain or loss. Maybe 1 lb but that's about it.

Maternity Clothes: I broke down and bought two more pairs of maternity jeans. They are way too comfortable and I know I will be able to grow into them for the next 7 months. Plus they are super cute! (Motherhood Maternity)
 
Gender: Waiting..waiting...April can't come soon enough!
Movement: Not yet but can't wait for the day that I do!

Sleep: Not feeling as tired as before. I have my days where an afternoon nap is a must in order to survive the rest of the day. But most days, I sleep till 10 AM and can go all day feeling pretty rested.

What I miss: Nothing specific. At the beginning of the pregnancy, I tried to not drink Coke but I gave into limiting my intake to one a day about three weeks ago. Doc said it wasn't going to hurt anything as long as it's in moderation.

Cravings: I had a craving for oranges the other day. Went and bought a whole bag of Cuties and I think I ate six or seven in one night. Any type of orange/mango drink is awesome. This one has been my fav! Mmmm! Makes me want one right now!

Symptoms: Hungry, hungry, hungry! All the time! :) Thirsty all the time too. I'm sure I don't drink enough water.

Best Moment this week:  Feeling "normal"! Such a great feeling!!


No comments:

Post a Comment