“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Quick Update!

I have definitely been out of the blogging mood lately but I do feel like I need to update everyone on the status of Miss Ava.
 
At my 35 week appointment I was surprised to find out that I was already dilated to a 1-2 and 30% effaced. I was completely shocked considering this is my first pregnancy.
 
I then discussed with my doctor about scheduling my induction date for September 6th. She kind of laughed to herself and said, "Sure, I don't mind scheduling it at all but I highly doubt you will still be pregnant. I would be very surprised if you still are."
 
Hmm...well okay then! Induction still scheduled for September 6th (at this point).
 
I had a late night visit to the hospital during one of my shifts at work two days later. I had been walking around quite a bit but really wasn't hurting a ton. A co worker talked me into putting me on the monitor just to see if I was contracting.
 
And...sure enough! What started out to be a contraction every 6 minutes gradually turned into every 3-4 minutes the longer I laid there. So the lead nurse decided it was best for me to go to the hospital I would be delivering at and get checked out.
 
Long story short, I went home to pick up Wes and up we went to the hospital. The nurse checked me and said I was now dilated to a 2. They observed Ava and the contractions (which were now consistently every 2 1/2-3 minutes by this point) and rechecked my cervix.
 
(Most people are probably wondering if I was hurting at all. I was...but not near the amount of pain that I know is to come when it is really time!)
 
No change. So they sent me home. Most likely early stages of labor.
 
No big deal. I kinda figured that but no true way of knowing without going in and getting checked out.
 
Since then, my doctor has taken me down to working 6 hour shifts at work which has helped a lot. I have still been contracting off and on but nothing bad enough to make me feel the need to go in again and get checked out.
 
I figured after one trip, I am not going to go in again until 1) my water breaks or 2) I am in so much pain I can't stand it anymore.
 
At my visit last week, I made the decision to move up my induction date to when I will be 39 weeks which is next Thursday, August 30th. I figured since I am already starting the early stages of labor, why keep it going just that much longer?
 
At my appointment today, I am now dilated to a 4 and 70 % effaced. Making progress from week to week, just slow progress. I was hoping to be dilated to a 5 so she would just send me on over and get things going.
 
Wishful thinking...Ava will come on her own time when she is good and ready. And as of right now, she is just fine with where she is. :)
 
Who knows, she might hold out all the way until the induction next week. We will see what happens!
 
36 weeks

I think this is 36 weeks too but took this before my baby shower at the church.
 

 Pregnancy Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment