“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Friday, May 11, 2012

Week 23

Pregnancy Highlights

I wasn't exactly photo op ready this week so I decided on a little different look at the bump. :)

How Far Along: 23 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is now 10.5 to 11.8 inches and about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces; about the size of a grapefruit.  She must be getting bigger because her movements are getting stronger. :)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Between 7-8 pounds so far. I hear the baby's weight will start to really pick up soon, so the weight might be changing soon too!

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes! Bought a couple of maternity dresses and I love them! I found out very quickly that regular dresses don't exactly flatter the pregnant body very well. I also had to purchase a pair of capris and shorts for the summer. None of my pre pregnancy bottoms fit at all, so full blown maternity clothes it is. I have noticed even some of my tshirts are starting to get too small, uh oh!
Gender: Girl! So excited! :) "Ava Rae"

Movement: ALL the time!! Most times all I have to do is put my hand over my belly and she responds and jumps around like crazy. I keep saying I wish I had a little window that I could look in and see what exactly she is doing in there at times because of all the movement. How sweet and reassuring the movement is though. :)

Sleep: My few weeks of a stuffy nose are gone so it must have just been a cold. Glad it is gone so that I can sleep and breathe at the same time. Sleep is great, no problems! Not even waking up much to pee, thank goodness!

What I miss: Being a smaller person, I never had any issues with being flexible and able to move around easily. So the more my belly grows, the harder it is to move around. It's not bad but just takes a little more effort to roll over in bed than it used to. Small price to pay for growing a little person I guess. :)

Cravings: Fruit is still my favorite! Good thing it's good for me (and her!) I am enjoying wanting anything to eat! Nothing usually sounds bad so I feel like my appetite is just like before getting pregnant.

Symptoms: My back and pelvis have been bothering me a little more lately. I wonder if she had a growth spurt and that is my body's way of trying to catch up with her! I did sleep until 11 AM the other morning which shocked me. I was so exhausted. The next day, slept late again but had much more energy. Each day is different.

Best Moment this week:  Finally having people who don't know me confidently ask me when I am due. I have been waiting for the day that I really do in fact look pregnant and people will ask. I love going into baby or maternity stores and feeling like I actually "belong" now. It's now obvious to the outside world what is going on in the inside of me. Excited!


 Pregnancy Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment