“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Friday, June 3, 2011

Welcome Back!

Welcome back! I am saying that to myself just as much as I am saying it to all of my loyal blog readers. It has been a LONG time since my last post and I apologize.

Nursing school has taken ahold of my life and I'm pretty sure is refusing to let go until it is all over.

With that being said, yesterday marked the "one year anniversary" of the start of nursing school. Wow. Time has sure flown by! One year already? That only means one thing to me at this point: TWO months to go!!!

The summer will consist of a huge transition for us nursing students. We will be starting Leadership which is pretty much the same thing as an Internship. We will be given a preceptor (nurse) to observe and learn from for a total of 180 hours. This means we will work the exact same schedule our preceptor does.

Yup...the entire 12 hour shift! Welcome to nursing!


I will be at Canadian Valley Integris in Yukon working on the Labor and Delivery unit. I am very excited to get to spend my Leadership in the area I am most interested in. And the rumor is that a job opportunity is a strong possibility. Yay! Even better!

What am I not excited about? Working night shift (7 PM to 7 AM) and learning how to adjust to being a night owl. If anyone knows me well enough, you know that I do not sacrifice my sleep for anything. I am in bed no later than 10 PM most nights but prefer to be in bed by 9:30. So this will be a huge adjustment for me and for my husband.

However, night shift is most likely the shift I will be working once I'm officially in the working world. Wes is not looking forward to me working nights and for good reason. That means there will be three days a week that we won't see more than a few hours of each other's face. But that does leave four other days that I will have free to spend all my time with him.


 It will be an adjustment, that's for sure. But we are SO ready for me to start working, we really don't care what it takes. :)

Back to the many days that have gone by since my last post... The more days that go by, the more I have to update. So I have been brainstorming the best way to go about updating everyone on life's happenings the past month and a half. There is definately no way I can update in one post.

So...Here is my solution: Instead of creating a very, very long single post, I am going to break up the updates into several small posts. This way I can include pictures related to each post and hopefully narrow down the amount of content as well (no promises on that though!).

Maybe this solution will help me to feel writing a post to be a little more attainable and not so time consuming. The main reason I haven't blogged is just due to feeling overwhelmed with how to blog about SO much since I haven't kept up.

My update topics will be:
1) Lexi
2) Birthday's
3) Home Improvement
4) Home: Before and After
5) Misc

I hope to get these posts done within a reasonable about of time. That way I can start back to posting about the most current happenings. :) So be on the look out for new posts, I will do my best!




No comments:

Post a Comment