“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Cleaning, 26th Birthday and Other Exciting Things!

Picture Update!


Last weekend I decided to do some Spring Cleaning of our closets. I sure had a mess! And a TON of laundry; I think I did at least six loads of laundry that day. (I HATE doing laundry!)


Ended up with three bags of clothes to take to Good Will. Gotta make room for new Spring clothes right? :)

Monday, April 11th was my 26th birthday!

Started the day with my sweet husband singing Happy Birthday to me before we even got out of bed. God has truly blessed me with such a wonderful man.

And then I got a call from my parents. And of course the call consisted of my dad playing the piano while they both sang Happy Birthday. My birthday's just wouldn't be the same without this exact scenario, every single year. No matter how old you are, you are never too old to be blessed by the sweet traditions of your family. I love them SO much!

The rest of the morning consisted of multiple texts from friends and family. And then even more Facebook wall posts wishing me a Happy Birthday! It is days like this that you realize how much you are loved and cared for.

If you are reading this and was one of the many that wished me a Happy Birthday, THANK YOU! Your kind words meant so much and made my day that much more meaningful.

I did have some school stuff to take care of during the day but my real birthday surprise came when Wes got off work.

Wes had told me that he was taking me out to dinner but would not tell me where. I was just told me to be ready by 6:30 because we had reservations at 7:00 and to dress really nice. Hmm...what does he have planned??

Wes gave me my gift in the car on the way to dinner.

Opening....

Pandora! A new charm for my bracelet! I got the bracelet over Christmas and have only had one charm so far. Good job honey!! Love it!

And the surprise dinner was...Mahogany Steakhouse! For those who have never heard of it, their food is AMAZING! Pretty expensive and most definitely only a once a year experience for us. Perfect for a birthday dinner!

A little glimpse at the menu...

Wes' expression after opening the menu nervously laughing and thinking in his head, "And why did I choose this place again?". Nah, not really. This was just how happy he was to be treating me to such a wonderful dinner.

And me smiling right back at him, :)

Couldn't have gone to a fancy place like this and not have taken a picture of our meal. It was SOO good! And nice to look at too!

After dinner we came home and Wes gave me his last gift. It was a homemade card, made so creatively by my wonderful husband! I was pretty impressed with the detail and the hidden meaning behind the front of the card. See if you can figure it out....

The front...That is little Lexi!

Inside...If you can read it, the very bottom says, "P.S. I bought you a storm door!" Now go back to the first picture. It's a storm door! Looking into the house at Lexi and a birthday banner. How creative is that??

The back..Wes now has his own card making company. Let us know if you are interested! :) haha

He didn't actually pick out the storm door yet. He decided he would leave that decision up to me. We have really been needing a storm door to the front of the house. So much more light would be able to come in if we had one. So hopefully we will go pick one out soon!

Overall, it was a great birthday! I realized how very, very blessed I am with such wonderful, loving people in my life. Birthdays are such a great opportunity to let that person know you care about them. And I most definitely felt that this 26th birthday.

We will be having a big birthday get together at the DeWitte's this Saturday. My parents will be coming up that day as well. I can't wait! Pictures will be taken, so look out for more soon!

The last exciting thing that has been going on is me making a decision that is long overdue....

Don't get too excited, no babies for us yet. haha

I have decided to start taking ballet classes again.

This has been something that has been stirring up in me for a few months now. Every time I would think about the love and passion I have for dance, I felt sad knowing I have such a God given talent and I am not using it. The joy that I got when I used to dance is indescribable. It allows me to escape reality and use my talent for the glory of God.

Ballet for me is hard work but effortless all at the same time. And I know that effortless feeling comes from God giving me the ability to succeed at something I was born to do.

I danced in Lawton for 15 years. When I was little, I was dancing sometimes four to five days a week. As I got older it was always twice a week. I haven't danced since graduating from high school. College was so busy and honestly there just weren't any good dance studios to go to in Stillwater.

So as much as dance is a huge part of who I am as a person, it has not been a part of my life for a long time.

Time to get back to doing the one thing I love to do and that is to dance. I can't wait to start classes. I will be visiting a studio next week to watch a class and see what it is like. Hopefully it will be everything I want it to be and I can start taking classes soon.

And since it's been almost 7 years since I have taken a class, I don't have any leotards, no tights, no leg warmers...pretty much nothing. So I decided to go to a local dance supply store here in OKC and get what I need to get started.

I remember when I had about six pair of tights, at least 10 leotards, multiple warm up wear and ballet shoes to choose from. I realize now how much money my parents spent on me and this hobby. Crazy...I can never thank them enough! Here's my purchase from today.

Just being in a dance store and buying these items that were once so familiar to me growing up was so exciting. If I could have gone and found a place to take a class right then and there, I would have!

Needless to say, I am SO excited! This is something I have been wanting to get back into for a long time now.

It's crazy that even though Wes knows I grew up dancing and knows how much I enjoyed it, he doesn't really know me as a ballet dancer.

And he is just as excited and overjoyed as I am about me getting back into ballet. Words cannot express how much it means to have the love and support of a spouse.

Such a new and exciting new beginning for me. I can't wait to see how God will bless me through this experience.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment