“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Meredith DeWitte, BSN, RN

It's official!!

Whew....SO glad that is over with!! What a relief!

Next steps: New Hire Orientation (NEO) will be this next week for two days, then I can get officially get put on the schedule. I was hired on as Full Time, Nights but will be starting out on the Day shift during my orientation period. The orientation period can be as long as three months and then I will be on Nights.

Wes said last night, "And now is when the real learning begins."

He is so right. Now it is time to put all that school and knowledge into actual action, in the REAL world. (What a concept, right?) Hard to believe we are at that point where we will be making real life decisions as an RN.

It is a lot of responsibility but I am ready for the challenge. Although I've already learned so much, I know I have so much more to learn and I can't wait to get started.

Here's to the beginning of a new and fulfilling career. :) Welcome to nursing!

No comments:

Post a Comment