“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Nursing Graduation 2011

It's now official......I am a nursing graduate!!

Friday night, my parents came into town for our graduation banquet which consisted of dinner, speeches from faculty, and a slideshow presentation of pictures from the past 14 months. It was so awesome to look back on all those pictures and realize the wonderful friendships that have been made just in a short 14 months. We all may not work together, or see each other again, but we do all share the same passion for nursing which is something that we will always have that will always keep us close.

Here are a few pictures from the banquet:

 We did it, Hollie! I'm so thankful for our friendship. Love you tons!!

                                                A gift from our class officers; our class picture.

Jessica, Hollie, and Jani (our instructor)

I owe so much to this wonderful man in my life. He has been by my side to share in the joys and tears of this program. I am so blessed to have such a strong support and never ending encourager.
I love you, Wes! I couldn't have made it through without you. <3


The other half of my strong support and the one's to thank for raising me into the woman I am today. My parents are truly unbelievable. Their love and encouragement has been such a stronghold in my life. I love you both SO much!

Jani made a comment to our families and said that this degree is just as much theirs as it is ours. It is so true. I could never have done this without you guys. I am SO thankful and SO blessed to have such a wonderful family.

Saturday was graduation. We decided to go out to lunch before and what better place to celebrate than...Ted's! Oh yes, love it!

But before we left the house, I had to get a picture taken with my sweet, little Lexi. :)


 The twins at Ted's (aka Wes and Dave) :)

My father-in-law, Terry

Okay, the rest of the pictures ended up being those pictures that everyone is embarrassed of because someone either 1) snapped the picture before you were ready or  2) snapped it when you weren't looking. Here are a few of those just for laughs. :)

Dave and Jessie
That is classic "deer in head lights" look

And the laugh is on me in this one.. Wes is smiling so nicely and then there's me...
What exactly am I looking at?? haha

We had some time to kill before heading down to campus, so we stopped at the Sooner Mall. Really just ended up sitting in the cool air conditioning, not much shopping. Gotta kill time somehow.

Might as well take some pictures! Think we look much alike? :)

Graduation itself went really well. Minus the lack of not having sound into the microphone for the first two speakers, but luckily it did get fixed just before our class President went up to speak. She did such a great job of summing up what this experience has meant for us. I was proud to be a graduate of the Class of 2011!

Walking across that stage really makes everything seem finalized. It really IS over and I DID make it through. Now onto to studying for boards. We don't get to take boards until the first part of September but that gives us all plenty of time to study. Then it's back to the real world of work!

A few pictures from after the ceremony (None from the actual ceremony, they didn't turn out so well).


Part of my support crew, Darren and ReJeanna. Love you guys!

My other half <3

At least everyone was having a good time, even though we were standing in the 100 degree heat. :)

Jessie and Dave

Wes and Bobbye

Me and my entire support crew. I am blessed!!

Happy Graduation!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo sooo proud of you! I love all of the photos etc!
    I am looking forward to graduating as a nursing student some day too! Way to go girl! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete